Stay up to date and check out our release notes to learn about the latest features and improvements.
ENGAGE Release Notes
- Content Creator Tool (Beta)
- Addition of a visual timeline for assembling VR content experiences, inspired by leading designs 3D animation and video editing software.
- More user friendly interface and functionality across all features in the editor.
The content creator tool empowers users to create more comprehensive VR experiences, lessons and events. It builds on top of and is complementary to the core ENGAGE platform.
Key highlights for this Beta update include:
- Smartphone & Tablet version, for Android devices (Beta)
- This version of ENGAGE is focused on attending meetings, events and collaborative work sessions.
- It does not have the full suite of tools and features as provided on other devices such as VR and PC desktop.
- Compatible devices must use Android 7.1 or higher, have a minimum RAM of 3GB and have internet connection of 10MB download / upload or higher to run ENGAGE.
- It is recommended to use headphones for this release for best experience.
Users can now download and run ENGAGE on Android Smartphones and Tablets
- User Functions
- Raise their hand to get attention.
- Clap hands to show appreciation.
Users can now do the following inside a session:
- New Languages
- Stage Barrier
- IFX can be placed with colliders turned on, to block users walking onto the stage for important events and sessions.
- IFX Functions
- Users can lock IFX in place inside a location in VR.
- Users can clone IFX inside a VR session.
- Some IFX have the option to turn on colliders, so avatars cannot walk through them or can stand on them.
- Users can load an IFX with an Image URL associated and displayed on it.
- Avatars now sit more elegantly in seats than prior versions.
- Avatar does not collapse when headset removed on Oculus devices. It now enters a paused state, with voice output audio muted.
- ENTERPRISE Client Features
- Option to hide all public VR sessions inside ENGAGE, only showing VR sessions which are contained privately within the ENTERPRISE group.
- Option to hide all public VR events inside ENGAGE, only showing events which are contained privately within the ENTERPRISE group.
- Overbooking - Hosts can set an event to have more registrations than the max capacity of users in a VR session in ENGAGE.
- The max capacity per subscription type still applies, however the guest list is now easier to manage for hosts.
- Events Guide - An events guide is now available to download at https://engagevr.io/events_guide
- Highlighting IFX is now more natural using point, hover and click interactions in the session for all devices.
- The visual impact of the spheres is reduced as they are set to default off for all users.
- Users can show spheres if they hold the "interact" button (Left click on desktop, trigger on most VR controllers).
- Users can save login credentials and login with 1 click instead of entering a password every time.
- Main Menu
- New setting to turn off the music which plays in the background on login and main menu.
- Major UI / UX Updates
- In VR session menu
- Registration & Login
- User Settings in VR
- Main Menu
- Join Menu
- Create Events View
- Events List
- Content Menu
- All menus - Updated size of UI for enhanced readability on all platforms
- New app icons on all ENGAGE software applications
- Users List in Session
- Non-host users in a VR session can now see a list of users within that session.
- Added a visible microphone volume level indicator when users started speaking.
- User Management for Hosts
- Hosts can now mute users, but allow users to un-mute their own microphone.
- New users joining a session are now muted if the global user setting for the session is set to mute.
- New users joining a session prevent can be seated automatically, if seat users and seat lock are active in the session. Only applies if there is enough seating in the location.
- Voice Communication
- Improved audio for voice communication on all devices.
- Smartphone is still in Beta, therefore there are still some known issues.
- Production Stability
- Improved stability of the ENGAGE platform across many of its web related services
- Forms and Quizzes
- Fixed known issues with occassional unresponsive buttons
- Youtube Video
- Updated plugins to fix some compatibility issues.
- Language Translation Updates
- Minor updates to translations in Korean & Chinese.
- Avatars now sit more elegantly in seating.
- Video Streaming
- Fixed some issues with YouTube search and playback
- Optimizations to 2D video resolution and playback performance
- Teleport Controls in Session
- Minor UX updates and fixes
- Fixed playback issues for certain content and fixed some known issues in certain global regions.
- Fixed issues displaying presentations and slideshows.
- Voice In Sessions
- Fixed some issues with the mute function in sessions for hosts.
New Features & Improvements
- In Session User Settings, Actions & Permissions
- Hosts have improved control over IFX permissions for users in session.
- It is possible to hide the IFX bubbles in the location from the IFX menu.
- Hosts can choose to hide or show the display names of users in the session.
- Hosts and users can turn on a setting to autoshare any IFX placed with others in the session.
- IFX snapshots are now more secure and restricted.
- Some UX and UI improvements.
- Videos & Media
- It is now possible to play some 360 videos in 4k resolution from the 360 room.
- Video and Media timers now displaying in hours, minutes and seconds rather than just seconds.
- Seating Users in Session
- The host can select individual users to seat, or use an option to seat all users in the session.
- This works in some locations with suitable seating.
- It is also possible to lock users to their seats.
- Summon Users to an area in the Session
- Hosts can summon all users in a session to an area of interest in the location.
- Persistent Session
- Enterprise customers can now set up and manage persistent sessions from the ENGAGE web app.
- Any IFX, snapshots and sticky notes placed into these sessions will remain in the session locations, even if the user logs out and returns to the session later.
- Some UI and UX improvements to the events system, in particular around the event statuses.
- Show / Hide Public Content List
- Enterprise customers can change a setting in their account administration dashboard to show or hide the public content listings inside the ENGAGE application.
- Whiteboard v2.0
- Enterprise and PRO users can try out an advanced whiteboard in the Executive Conference Room location inside the ENGAGE application.
- There are 4 new tools including a pen, brush, eraser and text tool. Each tool has a variety of settings.
- Users can draw and paint with unlimited color variations and a variety of brush shapes, pen types and sizes.
- The eraser is just like a pen or a brush now and can be used with greater accuracy.
- The whiteboard can be cleared with one button.
- Users can enter and place text strings on the board.
New Features & Improvements
- End Session Function
- Hosts of events and standard sessions can now force a session to end by pressing a button. This will return all users to the main menu.
- IFX Interaction Improvements
- Users now have IFX permissions set to 'on' by default inside a session.
- The hover states for interacting with IFX have been improved.
- Sticky Notes
- All locations have been updated so that the sticky notes will snap to any whiteboard in the location.
- YouTube Video Playback
- Some issues were fixed in relation to certain video types and search functionality.
- Avatar My Face System
- Minor Version Updates
New Features & Improvements
- New Host Controls
- Give other users in the session co-host powers, so they can control media, IFX, recording and all other things the Host can do.
- Remove or ban users from a live session or event.
- Give other users in a session the ability to set IFX to “Shared”.
- Sticky Notes
- Create sticky notes and place them anywhere inside training and experiences. In the lecture hall location, snap these sticky notes to the blackboard.
- Shared IFX
- Users can now change a setting on their IFX objects in a location to “Shared”, which allows other users in the session to move, rotate, scale or delete that IFX.
- IFX – Enhanced Controls
- Move, position, rotate and scale IFX 3D models with more precision using the advanced control gizmos.
- Hide IFX user interface in location
- Setting to turn on or off IFX user interface (Spheres, buttons etc) so users have a more immersive experience.
- Advanced Recording Controls
- A selection of advanced options for playing back recordings.
- Session Settings
- Increased the max number of users per session from 35 to 50.
- ENTERPRISE users can now set live sessions to be visible for their Group only.
- Updated visual appearance for Android OS devices such as Oculus Quest.
- Added more uniforms and hair color options.
- General Fixes and Optimizations
- Optimized loading speed for many parts of the software, especially on launch.
- Optimized stability and performance, with a focus on video, networking & memory.
- Location – Theatre
- A grand stage with curtains, controls for lighting, screens and podiums.
- Location – Courtroom
- A courtroom for live or recorded legal training and experiences.
- Embed video into event page description (YouTube and Vimeo support)
- Upcoming event email reminder for attendees
- Optimized web links for the iOS Safari browser
- Optimized video links for Oculus Quest
- Screen sharing improvements for Oculus Quest
- And the fixes for some known bugs and security updates
- NEW locations
- Option for 3D audio/ Spatial Audio mode
- Updated the scale of all locations
- Core performance improvements for PC and Android Devices
- And the fixes for some known bugs
Owners of an Oculus Quest can try out our early access Quest version by following the setup instructions at http://engagevr.io/quest/. For those users who have installed ENGAGE before on the Quest you will need to download and sideload the latest version.
If you are using a PC you can download the latest version of ENGAGE for PC here.
To find out more about how to use the different features of ENGAGE, check out our tutorials.
If you have any questions about this release, suggestions for new features or if you notice any problems when you update, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org