Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
Join the team
Europe & UK Remote
Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
We are Engage XR Holdings Plc – an award-winning virtual reality software company dedicated to advancing how educational and enterprise content is shared and consumed globally.
Our core product is ENGAGE, a virtual communications platform that seeks to transform how people collaborate with each other globally by harnessing the power of immersive technologies. ENGAGE is now available on most VR devices, desktops and in December 2020 was released for iOS devices on the App Store, with the Google Play Store and MacOS to follow this year.
Engage XR has earned recognition for its VR experiences such as award-winning Apollo 11 & Titanic VR. The team have also been invited to participate at major virtual reality events including Oculus Connect, SVVR and the Vision Summit. We are proud to have partnered with leading institutes and organisations such as University of Oxford, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, BBC, HTC VIVE and Oculus and also hosted events for XPRIZE, Victoria & Albert Museum, London, Facebook, Ericsson and the European Commission.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience to join our dedicated Web development team. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
Senior Software engineers with Node.js & Microservices experience are of particular interest to us.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Comfortable representing team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the development, QA & support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develops technical documentation for internal use.
- Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change depending on workload
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and shares with the team to help achieve overall goals.
- Translates business requirements to technical concepts.
Essential Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
- Extensive experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs. Must have a good working knowledge of Postman.
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment using SCRUM.
- Knowledge of MVC and other software design patterns, including SOLID Principles.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Knowledge of Microservices.
- Exposure to Cloud Providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular or React.
- Experience with Swagger.
- Knowledge of Cloud Native deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (for example Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions).
- Experience with, or some exposure to TypeScript.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate, Junior or mid level workers. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]