Senior QA Automation Engineer
Join the team
Europe & UK Remote
Senior QA Automation Engineer
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
ENGAGE XR is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we’ve picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Senior QA Automation Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience to join our dedicated QA Team in Waterford. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new environments.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- A self-Motivated individual always looking to continue their quest for knowledge.
- Somebody with a keen interest in software quality and software testing.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Experience working with both bug tracking and test management tools.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and self-directed so can work autonomously, prioritizing work in accordance with leads direction.
- Provides mentoring to other QA team members.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Investigates new software tools & test frameworks that can be used by the QA team.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Provide estimates for workload
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Design and develop automated Unity test framework
- Create automated unity test sets
- Manually test features that cannot be automated
- Work with project manager and/or technical leads to help define test requirements.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile Environment to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Provide solutions to design and implement automated unity tests.
- Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices, methodologies, and processes.
- Experience testing using Nunit or something similar
- Experience with Unity Test Framework or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins (or similar tools).
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Good understanding of relational database structure and design. Comfortable creating SQL queries.
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Experience with Unity
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or similar
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate or Junior level workers. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]