ENGAGE for Quest is updated regularly. It is important you are using the latest current Quest release version so you can interact with all users. If you do not have the latest version please install it.
The current version is v1.8.1
NOTE - If you experience any errors updating ENGAGE, please uninstall and then reinstall. This should resolve the issue.
Installing ENGAGE on Quest
Step 1: Enable Developer Mode
Step 2: Install ENGAGE Android Installer
Step 3: Allow USB Debugging
Step 4: Install ENGAGE
- Enable Developer Mode
- Install ENGAGE Android Installer
- Allow USB Debugging
- Install ENGAGE
Enabling Developer Mode
1. Go to https://dashboard.oculus.com/organizations/create in your web browser and create an organization if you have not done so previously.
2. Enter a Name for your organization and click on the Submit button
3. Accept the terms and conditions
4. On your phone, open the Oculus app and sign into the account you’ve created the organization with.
5. Click on Settings and locate your headset
6. Open the More Settings menu and click on Developer mode, Enable developer mode
Installing ENGAGE Android Installer
1. Download & install ENGAGE Android Installer
2. Open ENGAGE Android Installer
Allowing USB Debugging
1. Make sure your Oculus Quest is powered on and connect it to your computer via USB-C cable
2. Put on your Quest headset and accept the permission shown below, we also recommend selecting “Always allow from this computer”
1. Once the Quest in connected and the Connected status is displayed next to Device Status in the installer, click on Automatic Install
2. Select Oculus Quest from the dropdown and click Install
3. The installation will start and the progress will be displayed
4. The installation is complete
5. TIP: To ensure that your ENGAGE experience is not interrupted by headset removal, we recommend changing the setting for headset auto-sleep to 3 minutes.
6. Put on your headset and go to Library -> Unknown Sources where you will find your newly installed ENGAGE