Localisation and QA Coordinator
Join the team
Europe & UK Remote
Localisation and QA Coordinator
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
ENGAGE XR is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we’ve picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Localisation and QA coordinator with industry experience to join our team. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
- You have significant experience working within a localisation environment, dealing with a variety of languages.
- Proven record of project delivery
- Have a “can do will do” approach
- Analytical in their approach to work
- You have excellent skills in organization and time management
- A fast-paced environment motivates and excites you.
The Localisation and QA Coordinator will work within the ENGAGE QA Team. They will support in the delivery of “best in class” localization for ENGAGE consumers and internal stake holders. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the localisation and QA of assigned products from planning through to delivery.
- Coordinate asset localisation and review both Text across multiple languages with localisation Vendors and internal specialists
- Keeping track of asset translation schedule, working with Project Management to ensure that the schedule is on track, and notifying Project Management of any risks to the schedule.
- Coordinating localisation and localisation QA.
- Taking ownership of localisation bug database
- Outstanding level of written and spoken English
- Be the first point of contact within ENGAGE for localisation queries.
- Test each project to identify localisation and functional bugs.
- Review language components (e.g., Text files) before integration.
- Identify and detail defects in a clear and concise manner using JIRA
- Implementation of localisation and localisation testing processes
- Provide linguistic translation leadership to the dev team when adding a new language
- Collaborate with the Dev Team on ways of improving the current Internationalization (i18n) & Localization (l10n) process
- Supporting the ENGAGE team with localisation queries
- Weekly reports to the QA Management team
- Report to management on translation costs incurred per release.
- Ad-hoc testing as needed
- 3-5 years’ experience in linguistic QA role is required
- Localisation databases
- Third level education in languages a distinct advantage
- Working with localisation glossaries
- Demonstrated experience with in-house or third-party translation management systems (i.e. Weblate).
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate or Junior level workers.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]