Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we have picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent UX Designer. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let us shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently improve the user experience of a fast-evolving software platform.
- Transform business requirements into clear & realistic design documents.
- Discuss with business team and clients to define problems and gather feedback and needs.
- Write clear user stories linking designs in project management software.
- Report to the Product Owner, CTO and Technical Project Manager.
- Prepare UX prototypes and story boards to communicate designs effectively.
- Collaborate with UI designers and other UX designers to deliver consistency.
- Work with the development team to find cross platform technology solutions.
- Conduct interviews, user surveys and usability tests to evaluate UX.
- Ensure user stories are complete to a high standard during release cycles.
- Present and communicate insights to shape long-term product strategy.
- Assist with writing customer facing documentation and “how to” guides.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- At least 3 years working on live software as a service platforms (SAAS).
- Degree in UX design, Interaction Design, Product Design or equivalent.
- Demonstratable portfolio of work, showcasing UX work to date.
- Strong UX design software skills in Adobe XD, Adobe illustrator, Giraffe, Zeppelin or equivalent.
- Experience creating cross platform (Mobile, PC) software.
- Experience working in agile environments using Scrum / Kanban.
- Works well under pressure and able to adapt to shifting priorities with ease.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design.
- Fluent in user-centered design best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and empathy for the user.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams and disciplines.
- Adept at handling and analysing both quantitative and qualitative data.
Desirable But Not Essential
- Experience designing software and games for Virtual Reality market segment.
- Experience designing apps for Apple Appstore or Google Play.
- Experience designing for responsive websites for PC and Mobile.
- Experience using Jira project management software.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]