Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we have picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent UI Designer. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let us shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently improve the user interface of a fast-evolving software platform.
- Transform user stories and UX designs into realistic and platform consistent UI vision.
- Prepare clearly annotated UI designs for development to implement and test.
- Report to the Senior UI Designers and Product Owners.
- Work within an agile development environment using SCRUM processes and sprints.
- Prepare UI prototypes and story boards to communicate designs effectively.
- Collaborate with other UI and UX designers to deliver consistent and synchronized designs.
- Work with the development team to find cross platform technology solutions.
- Test your UI designs with interviews, user surveys and usability tests to evaluate effectiveness.
- Review UI designs implemented by dev team and provide feedback and direction.
- Frequently review competitors and other benchmark software to stay on top of trends.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ensure consistent branding and tone of the UI.
- Review customer and business stakeholder feedback to deliver improvements.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Experience creating cross platform software for Web, PC and Mobile.
- Demonstratable portfolio of live work, showcasing UI work to date.
- Strong vector graphic and demonstratable UI prototyping skills.
- Degree focused on UI design, UX design, Human Interface, Media or equivalent.
- Strong software skills in Adobe XD, Adobe illustrator, Giraffe, Zeppelin or equivalent.
- Experience working in agile environments using Scrum / Kanban.
- Works well under pressure and in fast moving environments, shifting priorities with ease.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing and user experience design.
- Excellent communication skills and empathy for the user.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams and disciplines, such as business and development.
- Experience designing software and games for Virtual Reality market segment.
- Experience designing apps for Apple Appstore or Google Play.
- Experience designing responsive websites for PC and Mobile.
- Experience using Jira project management software.
- Experience working on live software as a service platforms (SAAS).
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate or Junior level workers. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]