Senior Vue.js DeveloperJuly 13, 2021
Full Stack DeveloperJuly 21, 2021
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we have picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent QA Lead with 2+ years of industry experience to join our dedicated QA Team in Waterford. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let us shape it together.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new environments.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- A self-motivated individual always looking to continue their quest for knowledge.
- Somebody with a keen interest in software quality and software testing.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Experience working with both bug tracking and test management tools.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and self-directed so can work autonomously, prioritizing work in accordance with leads direction.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Provide accurate test estimates for QA workload
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Identify test features that should be automated
- Work with project managers and/or technical leads to help define test requirements.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile Environment to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Regular reporting to QA manager based on test progress.
- Lead test preparation and execution based on the test plan and according to industry best standards.
- Work collaboratively with the wider ENGAGE team during the design and delivery of testing activities.
- Reporting and monitoring test progress throughout the course of the releases.
- Identify any testing-related risks, issues and dependencies and managing escalations appropriately.
- Responsible for the day-to-day test execution and defect management using Jira
- Mentoring and coaching members of the test team
- Deputise for the Test Manager as required.
- Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices
- 2+ years API test experience
- Experience with databases
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- A minimum of 2 years’ test lead experience including software testing experience throughout all phases of the software delivery cycle.
- Experience estimating, prioritizing, planning, coordinating, and reporting on test activities.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across several different teams, projects, and locations.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage schedules, deliver to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – takes a consultative approach and can build relationships at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or similar
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]