Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
We are Immersive VR Education – an award-winning virtual reality software company dedicated to advancing how educational and enterprise content is shared and consumed globally.
Our core product is ENGAGE; a virtual communications platform that seeks to transform how people collaborate with each other globally by harnessing the power of immersive technologies. ENGAGE is now available on most VR devices, desktops, iOS devices on the App Store, Android devices on the Google Play Store and MacOS.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Software Engineer with 4+ years of industry experience to join our dedicated Web development team. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop high quality, scalable and robust code.
- Perform unit testing to ensure quality of code is maintained.
- Help refactor and improve the existing software modules to make them unit test friendly and develop new unit tests.
- Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change depending on workload.
- Committed to learning and sharing with the team to help achieve overall goals. Must work well in groups.
- Constantly improving skills and knowledge of technology through self-learning.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to business requirements and vice versa.
- Develop technical documents to accurately represent application technical design and code.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer programming related course.
- Excellent understanding & experience with API creation and RESTful services.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases management systems with experience designing & maintaining large databases.
- Solid knowledge of object-orientated programming.
- Experience creating advanced queries using ORM.
- Experience and comfortable using TypeScript & ES6.
- Excellent understanding & experience using HTML5 & CSS3.
- Experience using SASS & LESS.
- Excellent understanding & experience code versioning & branching.
- Experience using LEPP stack.
- Familiarity with package repositories such as npm and composer.
- Excellent teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work in English.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Good analytical skills; able to assess alternatives, risks and benefits; attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of principles of managing a hosting environment and database administration
Desired but not essential
- Experience using PostgreSQL and NoSQL DBs.
- Experience or knowledge of Node.js.
- You have a good understanding of visual & UX design principles, or you are eager to learn them.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations.
- Working knowledge of OAuth.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment using SCRUM & Jira.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available.
To apply for this job please email for CV to: [email protected]